1. When should I start thinking about ordering our wedding stationery?
Usually, save the dates are sent out a year before the wedding date, especially if the wedding is abroad. Invitations are sent out three months before the wedding date. Be sure to request that your guests have their replies back to you by at least one month prior to your wedding.Mass booklets / Ceremony booklets, and any other on-the-day stationery (Menus, Reception Signs, Table cards numbers/names etc.), can be ordered 3-4 weeks before your wedding day.
Table plans / Seating plans, Place names cards and Escort cards have a shorter turn-around time, style depending.
2. Do you send samples?
Yes, of course! Please purchase a sample by selecting the “Oder a sample” button, which you will find on each invitation design’s page.
3. Can we see your collections?
I am based on the West coast of Ireland, in the wonderful city of Galway. To view my work in person, please contact my studio to book an appointment and I will be delighted to meet you and show you our extensive designs collection.
4. Do you personalise samples?
The samples are not personalised. These are printed with a generic wording. However, if you have a specific colour theme in mind for your invitations and if you wish to see a particular colour card, let me know in the notes section, and I will be happy to send you a swatch (I can send a maximum of 3 card swatches per customer).
5. How long does it take to receive my sample(s)?
I will send you sample within 2 working weeks and depending on your location, a sample might take up to a week to reach you. If you don’t receive your sample within 3 weeks, please let me know.
6. What type of paper do you use?
I use a wide-range of papers, shimmer or matte. Depending on the make of the paper, the weight will vary between 300gsm to 350gsm. I also offer duplexed cards for extra thickness of 600gsm or 900gsm. Additional charges will apply.
7. Can I customise my invitation / stationery?
Yes, absolutely. If you have a specific colour theme in mind, let me know and will happily advise you of available options.
8. If I like the sample, what do I need to do next? How can I order my invitations from you?
Simply get in touch with me by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me and let me know which invitation you would like to order and how many you will need. I will provide you with the cost of your order and delivery charges. An invoice will also be sent to you. If you have any questions for me, I will be happy to assist you. I will ask you to pay a 50% deposit. The payment can be made by Credit Card, Debit Card or Bank Transfer (EFT). Balance needs to be paid before we begin production of your wedding invitations and stationery.
9. How many invitations should I order?
The general rule is one invitation per household, couple or individual, plus an extra 10-15%. The extras allow for keepsakes and any last minute additions, as reprints can be very expensive.
10. How long does it take to receive my order?
Once you place an order with me, I will let you know the approximate delivery date. As a general idea, it will take 2 weeks for a standard order to be made, 3-4 weeks for foiled or hot-foiled printed orders and 4 to 6 weeks for the rest of the orders (laser cut, pocket folds, letterpress.) Silk folios or silk boxes will take longer to be made so please allow up to 10 weeks.
11. Can I change the font style from the sample?
Yes, that’s possible. I have a list of fonts available from which you can choose the preferred one. You will receive a file with sample fonts, after you place an order with me, so you can pick the one that you like most. Alternatively, if you have a preferred script / font in mind, let me know.
12. Can I change the wording?
Of course you can. Please send us me preferred style / wording for the invitations when placing the order. You can also request to see sample wording, which I will gladly send to you together with sample wording for reply cards.
13. Can you personalise the invitations for us, i.e. print the names of our guests?
Yes, I offer this service as well, for an extra charge. This service is offered only for digital printing, white ink printing and digital foil. Please note that this is an additional service and it will be charged accordingly. I recommend to get in touch with me for a tailored quotation, should you wish to avail of this service.
14. Do you print invitations in any other languages, apart from English?
Yes, I do. Simply provide me with the wording you would like to be printed on your wedding stationery and I will look after the rest. Please note that I do not accept responsibility for any spelling or grammatical errors made in the original text supplied. At Save the Date.ie I can also design the invitations in two (or more) languages. This service is complimentary for my customers. When sending me the order, simply include your wording indicating where the line breaks should be. I will look after the layout! Before printing, you will be asked to proofread the digital copy of the invitations so no worries! Nothing gets lost in the translation.
15. Can you stamp and mail our invitations for us?
Yes, I can for an additional fee, which is based on the number of invitations that we need to mail for you and complexity of work. Please get in touch with me a for tailored quotation.
16. Do you offer a bespoke service for wedding stationery?
Yes, I do indeed. I would be delighted to create something really unique for your wedding invitations and stationery. I offer bespoke laser cut service, letter press, hot-foil stamping services etc.
17. How far in advance should I contact you about bespoke work?
I can only take on a small number of bespoke orders at a time, so please contact me with your request as soon as possible.
18. Are envelopes included in the price?
Yes. All envelopes for any stationery that requires them, are included in the price.
19. Can we choose the colour of our envelopes?
Yes, you can but please keep in mind that an extra charge might occur for this service. I would advise you to get in touch with me beforehand, so I can let you know if there will be any additional charges.
20. Can I order extra envelopes?
Yes, of course. Please let me know at the time of ordering.
21. Can you address our envelopes?
Yes, I can professionally print the names and addresses of your guests on the outer envelopes. I offer standard digital print, white ink or digital foil. This is an additional service and it will be charged accordingly. Please get in touch with me to get a quotation, should you wish to avail of this service.
22. What happens after I decide on the design, wording and fonts of my wedding stationery?
Once you have decided on all of the above, I will get in touch with you within 5 working days with the 1st set of digital proofs. I will send you 3 rounds of proofs free of charge. Additional rounds will be charged at 20 euro each. If Save the Date.ie makes mistakes in the proofs, there will be no additional charges to the customer.
23. What do I need to do after I receive the proofs?
I will ask you to check these very carefully, making sure all the details are correct. Things you need to check and double-check:– day / dates, locations and times
– Check that all spellings and names are correct
– Let me know if you wish to have a line or a blank space left on the invitation, so you can handwrite the names of your guests. Alternatively, I can print the names of your guests on the invitations for an additional fee of 0.35 euro / invitation.
– I can also personalise the envelopes. I print directly on the paper of the envelopes, and not on labels, so the finish will be very elegant and beautiful.
– Make sure that all the rsvp details are included and that these are correct. For example, if you have ordered reply cards, did you include your address where your guests can send their replies back? Or, if you didn’t order rsvp cards, did you include an e-mail address and / or telephone no. so guests can reply?
– Check the grammar and punctuation
– Don’t forget to always ask someone else to proofread your invitations as well.
Once you are 100% happy with everything, I will ask you to send us an e-mail and confirm your approval to have your wedding invitations or stationery printed by me, as per final set of proofs.
24. What happens after I approve all the digital proofs?
Once all the proofs are approved by you, I will schedule the production of your wedding invitations and/or stationery. At this stage, no further changes can be made to the wording or layout of the stationery and everything will be printed / made as per last approved set or digital proofs.
The balance on the order needs to be paid as well (if you have paid a deposit or if you have added in any additional items and services). Please note that an order can’t be finalised, unless the full payment is made.
25. Will my stationery arrive assembled?
I will always send the invitations and / or information / accommodation cards wrapped separately to the envelopes. For the designs that feature a wrap band, I will wrap the band around the cards, unless you instruct me to do otherwise. Same applies for the invitations that have ribbons tied around. I will always tie them for you, unless you instruct me otherwise.
26. Do you take rush orders?
I can take a limited numbers of rush-orders per month and an additional fee will be applicable as well. Please get in touch with me before placing an order, so I can advise you if I can accommodate your rush order.
27. Do you have a minimum order?
Yes, I do. The minimum order is 30 invitations for some invitations styles like the acrylics.
In the light of Covid-10 wedding related restrictions, I can make a minimum of 10 invitations for some invitations styles. Please send me an e-mail and will send examples of the styles available for small orders.
28. Can you supply any other stationery to match the design of our invitations?
Yes, I offer all matching stationery items such as: evening invites, ceremony/ mass booklets, order of service /program, menus, table plans, on-the-day signs (welcome sign, unplugged wedding sign etc.), place name cards / escort cards, table cards names / numbers, personalised coasters, napkins, bottles labels and so much more!
29. Do you sell .pdf files of the design of our invitation / stationery?
Regretfully, I don’t offer this service at the moment.
30. What prices are your invitations?
You can view prices for all invitations styles on the website – applicable to flat and folded collection and foiled collection. Please note that the laser cut invitations and some foiled or bespoke invitations will need to be priced separately. The cost will be based on the numbers of cards needed. The prices listed on the website for the laser cut invitations is based on 200 pcs. Please keep in mind that the more invitations you order, the less you will pay. I encourage you to contact me for an accurate pricing.